1. A constitution is usually started with a preamble, which states the aspirations.
2. Basic Objectives: It contains the fundamental objectives of an organization or state.
3. Structure of Government: It also contains the political and administrate structure of the government.
4. Party System: The constitution reveals the type of party system to be adopted.
5. It states the type of relationship that would exist among the three organs of government.
6. Power Distribution: It also states the powers and functions of the three organs of government.
7. Amendment Procedure: The constitution provides its amendment procedure.
8. Tenure of Office: The constitution also states the tenure of political offices and how the leaders are to be elected.
9. Human Rights: The constitution ensures and guarantees citizens of their fundamental human rights.