1. Power they say belongs to the people. Representative democracy, therefore, promotes this principle as it gives the people the choice to either participate directly or elect. Representatives to cater for their interests in government.
2. Representative democracy advocates and promotes equality before the law i.e. all citizens are equal before the law.
3. Representative democracy also centres its structural arrangement on the provisions of the constitution. It advocates for strict adherence to constitutional provisions.
4. Representative democracy advocates for the separation of powers among the three arms of government.
5. Representative Democracy promotes the formation of political parties to go into competitive elections.
6. Representative democracy also advocates for the independence of the judiciary in all ramifications.
7. Representative democracy is a system of government where the wishes and desires of the majority are held paramount.