1. Rule of law promotes political stability in a state where it is widely upheld.
2. It facilitates the operation of separation of powers in any state.
3. It guarantees the right to personal liberties in any society.
4. It fights against the emergence of tyrannical and despotic leadership.
5. It also fights against man’s oppression and exploitation by his fellow man.
6. It stresses the supremacy of the law and equality of all citizens, no matter the rank or social status of the individual person.
7. It fights against unlawful detention, arbitrary use of power and police brutality on mere accusation which has not been established by a court of law.
8. It also ensures that the laws of the land are made public for the citizens to know their rights and when they are being trampled upon.
9. It also promotes equity and justice.
10.Role of law acts as a watchdog to all the citizens by watching over most dealings.
11. It brings about good government and development.
12. It helps to reduce the rate of crimes in any given state.
13. It appears as the reference note which most people refer to in order to carry out their duties.