1. There must be judicial independence.
2. There must be a complete separation of powers.
3. Trials of suspects must be made public.
4. There must be a quick dispensation of justice.
5. There must be freedom of the press and that of citizens.
6. There must be a right to appeal, especially to seek redress in courts where the judgment was biased.
7. A true democracy must be entrenched.
8. There must be a high percentage of literate citizens in society who are aware of their rights and obligations as citizens and can go any length to defend them when trampled upon.