1. Mass Party: This is a type of party that is made up of people of different sections of society. It cuts across tribes, interests and people wishing to be members who are very much free to do SD. In this type of party, both rich and poor, men and women, literate and illiterate, are free to join the party. The manifesto of this type of party is usually centred on the interest of the poor masses.
2. Caucus/Elite Party: This is the type of party that is made up of upper-class people involving the wealthy class, professional bodies and influential people in society.
3. Religious Parties: This is the type of party that comprises people of different religions with their respective doctrines coming out to form a party.
4. Personality Parties: This is the type of party that is established by the guiding spirit of one man or woman who perhaps has attained a high personality profile in society,
5. Charismatic Parties: This is the type of party that is formed by people with unique and enviable qualities and talents,
6. Broker Parties: This is the type of party that is formed by both the rich and the poor. The purpose of forming this type of party is to bridge the gap between the rich and the poor in order to promote the welfare of all people.