The specialized agencies of UNO are independent bodies established to help actualize the main objectives of the United Nations. These agencies are co-ordinated by the ECOSOC and they are:
- World Health Organization (WHO).
- International Labour Organization (ILO).
- Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO).
- International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- United National International Children Emergency Fund (UNICEF).
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) also known as World Bank.
REASONS FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THESE AGENCIES
- To help integrate the interest of the nations of the world.
- To help alleviate international disputes.
- To help promote international peace and security.
- To help harmonize the interest of the diverse cultures of the world by bringing them together.