The various ways political parties compete for power through elections are as follows:
1. campaign for votes by reaching out to the electorates with all kinds of promises.
2. presentation of their manifestos to the electorates, telling them what they intend to do if elected.
3. mass media propaganda, advertorials and jingles.
4. Hold meetings with different interest groups.
5. distribution of gift items such as bags of rice, tin tomatoes, wrappers, T-shirts, caps etc and sometimes money.
6. printing of posters, billboards, banners, flyers etc.
7. debates on television stations and other outlets.