1. It encourages the existence of many interest groups and political parties — pluralism.
2. It is guided by the provisions of a federal and rigid constitution
3. It is a government of the majority.
4. Recognize and respects the principles of rule of law and fundamental human rights.
5. Allows for private ownership of means of production distribution and exchange of wealth.
6. Encourages popular participation through the conduct of free, fair and credible elections.
7. Engenders healthy and robust Competitions that boost economic growth.
8. It encourages equality before the law.
9. Government activities must be open to the public for proper decision and support.
10. It recognizes and respect periodic election.
11. It encourages transparency in the dealings concerning the state.
12. It encourages the freedom of the press.