Skip to content
- There was one centralized administration under one governor-general with headquarters in Dakar for all French West Africans.
- There was dual citizenship i.e. citizens in the commune and the subjects.
- Africans who accepted French way of life and westernization were accorded equal right and privileges with French citizens in France.
- African culture and traditional institutions were totally rejected in place of French culture.
- Authorities of traditional rulers were not recognized.
- There was direct rule, which treated Africans as extensions of France overseas.