Skip to content
- The dual citizenship, force labour and the indignant system were abolished.
- The West African colonies were granted freedom to run their local affairs.
- The powers and authorities of traditional rulers were restored.
- Establishment of legislators at the colonial territories.
- Regional councils had wider powers.
- There was decentralization of political structure as each colony was allowed to develop on its own.
- African culture and traditional institutions were given due recognition and respect.