POSITIVE EFFECTS: This could also be regarded as some of the merits of British cum French colonial rule in West Africa and they are:
- It geared the Spirit of nationalism among West African elites, especially in the British colonial territories like Nigeria, Ghana, Gambia and Sierra-Leone.
- Prepared grounds for Christian evangelism.
- It brought about socio-economic development.
- It brought about the establishment of international trade relations.
- Brought western education to our people.
- It brought about infrastructural development of some West African States.
- Colonialism led to the attainment of political independence amongst the West African States.