Skip to content
- Retained the executive type of president.
- Retained the principles of separation of powers.
- It sanctioned the existence of thirty-six states.
- Local government remained the third-tier of government.
- Provided for 768 local government councils in Nigeria and six area councils for Abuja (FCT).
- Local government executive to be democratically elected.
- Gave the Nigerian press a special place towards upholding the responsibility and accountability of the government to the people.