TROPICAL MOONSOON CLIMATE: Lies between latitude 23½°N and 23½°S of the equator. Areas found are Southern China, Pakistan, India, Thailand and Northeast Australia.
Hot Deserts Climate: Lies between latitudes of 15° and 30°N and S of the equator. Areas found are Sahara desert, which is largest, Namib Desert, Mexican desert, etc.
The Warm Temperate Climate: This lie between latitudes 30° and 45°N and S of the equator.
It is subdivided into:
i. Warm temperate western margin or Mediterranean.
ii. Warm temperate eastern margin.
Warm Temperate Western Margin (Mediterranean Type):
This is found between latitudes of 30° and 45°N and S of the equator. Areas found-Southern Europe (France, Italy, Portugal & Spain), North Africa (Morocco, Libya and Tunisia).
- The mean temperature is about 17°C.
- Temperature varies from about 21°C in the summer, which is hot and dry to 10°C in the winter, which is warm and wet.
- Annual rainfall ranges between 600-760mm.
- Human activities carried out are fruit farming, crop production and livestock farming.
Warm Temperate Eastern Margin (China Type):
This type of climate is experienced on the eastern side of the continent between latitudes of 30° and 45° of North & South of the equator. It is mostly found in central China, no wonder it is called China type.
- The climate is characterised by warm moist summer and a cool dry winter.
- The mean monthly temperature varies between 4° and 26°C with annual temperature range of 25°C.
- Rainfall is moderate and ranges between 635mm and 1,524mm annually.
- Rainfall in this belt could either be convectional or orographic.