This is also known as Sudan climate. It is located between latitudes 5°and 1 5°N and S of the equator.
It occupies about 2/3 of the whole continent of Africa covering places like West Africa, East Africa, Central America, North Western part of South Africa, Northern Australia, interior up land of Brazil etc.
Features of this climate are:
- The mean annual temperature varies between 21°C and 32°C with annual temperature of about 11°C.
- It has a hot, rainy and cool dry season.
- Annual rainfall is about 864mm.
- Rainfall is convectional and t follows the apparent movement of the sun.
- Humidity is high, especially in summer when the rainy season is experienced.
- Hunting, Livestock farming and cultivation of arable crops like wheat, maize, groundnut are practiced on a large scale.