Skip to content
- Geography has played a powerful role in influencing the culture of a people, that is, the people’s way of life and mode of dressing.
- It has also helped in influencing the type of food people eat and the type of occupation they practice.
- Geography has also helped in natural boundary divisions of various regions in the country.
- It has also helped to unite the country.
- Geography, through the river system, especially the Niger-Benue basin has provided opportunities of contact between the peoples of Ijaw, Yoruba, Igbo, Idoma, Tiv, and Jukun.
- Geography through the Niger-Benue River systems has supplied waterways which have made the movement of people possible.
- Through geography, the major river was used to carve out the name “Nigeria’.