We study history because of the following reasons:
- To know the truth about past events.
- To enable us to critically examine situations and find solutions to problems.
- To help us promote and preserve our cultural heritage.
- The study of history helps man to access the possibilities and impossibilities in this world.
- It equally helps man to know the cultural background of people in and outside the country and their ethnic leaning or nationality.
- The study of past events enables us to understand the present and the future in advance.
- The study of history helps a people/community/ state to have knowledge of their ancestral roots and cultural beliefs/norms.