THE RELEVANCE/SIGNIFICANCE OF NOK, IFE, IGBO-UKWU, AND BENIN CULTURES FOR NIGERIAN HISTORY.
- The knowledge of the historical antecedents of the Nok, Ife, Igbo-ukwu has shown that Nigeria passed through various developmental stages, from the food-gathering stage to the time when they started living a settled life to the present level of development.
- The knowledge of the historical antecedents has also shown that Nigerians produced and used iron tools and weapons as early as 500BC.
- The various artworks in Bronze and Brass produced during the various historical cultures show that Nigerians were skillful artists after all.
- The various artworks produced then have also given Nigeria an identity in the international arena.
- This has also shown that Nigerians were able to produce tools and weapons at the early times of their existence.
- Also, the historical evidence of the different centre of ancient civilization has shown that Nigerians at the early stage of their lives engaged in various forms of activities like farming, trade, craftwork, etc.
- More importantly, the study of the different centre of ancient civilization has helped to shed light on Nigeria’s cultural heritage