This is the proportion of the population of a country that is already employed arid the proportion of the population that are available for employment.
FACTORS AFFECTING THE LABOUR FORCE
- The size of the population: The largeness of the population of a likely bring about a large supply of labour force.
- The age distribution of labour force.
- The official working age limit.
- The stipulated retirement age.
- The size of the population within the working age limit.
- The population of women in paid employment and those still in full-time academic pursuit who are beyond the official school leaving age.