This body was established in 1919 by the League of Nations and became affiliated to the UNO in 1946 as a specialized agency. The headquarters of this body is also at Geneva.
The objectives of ILO are as follows:
- To improve labour conditions of workers globally
- To promote the economic and social conditions of workers globally.
- To improve the living conditions of workers.
- To conduct extensive research in the field of manpower, vocational training, and handicrafts.
- To ensure and promote workers’ social security, industrial safety, occupational hazards, hygiene, and productivity.