REASONS WHY TRAFFIC RULES AND REGULATIONS ARE MADE AND ENFORCED:
1. To ensure a smooth, safe and free flow of traffic among road users.
2. To prevent road accidents,
3. To prevent traffic jams or hold-ups and other forms of road hazards.
4. To instil discipline among road users.
5. To educate and conscientize motorists on road safety matters and accident prevention control.
6. To promote and create a safer and civilized road culture among Nigerians.
7. To groom Nigerian motorists on the demands of contemporary driving in relation to their behaviour and conduct while or’ the