1. By entrenching it in the constitution.
2. By upholding the principle of the rule of law.
3. By upholding the principles of separation of powers and decentralization.
4. By allowing and guaranteeing press freedom.
5. By establishing Human Rights Commission.
6. By promoting the independence of the judiciary.
7. By enthroning a truly democratic government.
8. By encouraging mass literacy to enable citizens to know their rights and be able to defend them.
9. By tolerating opposition views.
10. By alleviating the poverty level of the people.