1. To make it difficult for any government of the day to effect a change to suit their selfish interest.
2. To make it easily accessible and readily referred to when the need arises.
3. To comply with UNO’s declaration of human rights.
4. To ensure constitutional protection of citizens’ rights.
5. To enable the citizens to seek redress in a law court for any abuse or violation.
6. To enable the citizens to know their rights and when they are violated.
7. To prevent arbitrary use of power by any government.
8. To avert the emergence of dictatorship.