1. Democracy is too exorbitant to operate. The cost of running a democratic government is high.
2. It often times leads to delays in decision-making, especially in the passing of bills because of bureaucratic bottlenecks it complicated administrative procedures.
3. Majority opinion is usually forced on the people while minority opinions are most times overlooked or ignored.
4. Democracy encourages lobbying among the elected representatives, thereby promoting corruption.
5. The majority views as often claimed by the leaders do not truly represent the views of the larger society as citizens merely accept the views expressed by very few vocal representatives.