The arguments against middlemen are however the inherent problems of the middlemen in Nigeria as stated thus:
- That the middlemen usually hoard goods, thus creating artificial scarcity to such goods hoarded.
- That the wholesalers sometimes raise the price of goods above the producer’s normal price to make more profits.
- That the middlemen sometimes adulterate the goods in order to increase the quantity of their goods.
- That the middlemen cannot boast of having adequate storage facilities.
- That there are inadequate provision of good roads, transport facilities and good communication network which complicates the activities of the middlemen in product distribution.