The slow rate of economic development among most West African Countries can be attributed to the Following factors.
- Low level of savings and investment.
- Limited market for their goods.
- Lack of skilled workers.
- Over-dependency on foreign aids.
- Rapid increase in population of African countries
- Dependence on few export products for the country’s foreign earnings.
- Poor economic management by government of West African Countries.
- Poor standard of education and health services.
- Political instability.