The wholesaler is one of the middlemen that deal with bulk purchase. The wholesaler buys in bulk and also sells in bulk.
FUNCTIONS OF THE WHOLESALER
- The wholesaler buys goods produced directly from the manufacturers at a large quantity and sells to the retailers.
- He breaks the bulk of goods produced.
- He provides storage facilities/warehouses where goods bought or purchased can be stored.
- He provides capital to the manufacturers for more production.
- He also gives advice to the producer with respect to the type of goods to be produced.
- The wholesaler offers credit facilities to the retailer who does not have sufficient capital to provide for all his needs.
- The wholesaler carries out the responsibility of grading products produced.