Civil society organisations are of different types and pursue different objectives. While some are political in nature, others are economic.
The political type of civil society organisation helps to fight the interest of people on good governance.
The economic civil society organisations help to fight poverty and provide Free legal aid to those whose rights have been abused or violated especially the less privileged/oppressed members of the society.
Examples of Civil Society Organisations are:
1. Civil Liberties Organisation (CLO).
2. Committee for the Defense of Human Rights (CDHR).
3. Constitutional Rights Project (CRP).
4. Campaign for Democracy and Human Rights (CDHR),
5. Save Nigeria Group (SNG).
6. National Democratic Coalition (NADECO).
7. Women for Change and Development Initiative.
8. Amnesty International.