Here are the types of authority
- Personal/Charismatic Authority: IS acquired as a result of certain personal talents, qualifications or accomplishment. It is an authority derived from belief in the exception ability of a leader.
- Traditional Authority: Authority found in traditional societies where the chief or council of elders, emperor, feudal lord or king exercise such authority based on the beliefs, customs and traditions of their people.
- Political Authority: Authority exercised by political office holders. Political authority is the lawful right granted to the arms of government to make and enforce laws/policies. The source of political authority is the constitution.
- Legal Authority: Authority bestowed in the constitution and exercised through the three arms of government.
- Delegated Authority: This is the type of authority granted to the subordinate by the superior to exercise some specific functions.