1. A good citizen is always law-abiding.
2. A good citizen performs his obligations (duties) religiously and responsibly.
3. A good citizen must be ready to work for the progress and development of his country.
4. A good citizen must always show respect for the president, governor and other government functionaries (i.e. those in positions of authority).
5. A good citizen must show respect for his country’s symbols of national identity such as the national anthem, national pledge, national flag etc.
6. A good citizen must be ready and prepared to defend his country’s territorial integrity and sovereignty.
7. A good citizen should be prepared to promote peace in his country by assisting law enforcement agencies in preventing crimes. This he can do by reporting criminals to the police.
8. A good citizen should have the zeal and willingness to participate in the social, economic and political development of his country.