This particular law was promulgated in order to protect the public against drug abuses. The provisions are:
- That food and drugs not good for human consumption must not be sold in the market.
- That the defaulters who go about producing such harmful food and drugs must face the wrath of law.
- To educate the public on the dangers of adulterated drugs and contaminated foods.
- That drugs which have been tested safe and effective be sold by the producers.
- That those who deal on hard drugs be punished severely.