Despite the remarkable achievements recorded by OPEC, the organization is still beseeched with the following problems:
- Violation of the organization’s regulations by some member countries producing above the stipulated quota.
- Disagreement among member countries on price to be charged per barrel of oil.
- The problem of granting production quotas per country.
- The problem of cultural differences among member countries in policy implementation.
- Political instability that affect the volume of output and sales among most of the member countries.
- The existence of rival organization and other powerful oil producing countries that are not members of OPEC also creates a big challenge to the activities of OPEC.