Nigeria as a member of the organization of petroleum exporting countries has recorded gainful achievements in the following ways
- Enhancement of her bargaining power.
- Improvement on her shares of experiences of other members on petroleum production
- Enhancement of her free access to valuable information pertaining to refining, management, marketing and distribution of petroleum products
- Enhancement of a steady income through OPEC’S oil price stabilization.
- Enabled the Nigerian petroleum product prices to be increased.