The study of civic education enables students and the general public to understand the basic tenets of being responsible and responsive citizens.
- It enables students and the general public to know their rights.
- It enables students and the general public to know their duties and obligations towards the government.
- It encourages people to trust and show love for their fatherland by demonstrating a high sense of patriotism statesmanship and a spirit of national consciousness.
- It teaches and provides students/citizens with the basic knowledge of how government works, the various institutions’ government and their constitutional powers and functions
- It teaches and inculcates in the students/citizens the sense of loyalty, honesty, discipline, respect, patriotism and love of their fatherland.
- It helps students/citizens to imbibe the basic principles of good citizenship as well as prepares them on how to be good leaders and followers.
- It helps to promote good relationships between leaders and followers.