(1) It encourages civic engagement and responsibilities upon the citizens
(2) It encourages acts of selflessness and volunteering.
(3) It promotes charity works as it renders selfless succour to humanity especially the needy thus promoting all forms of humanitarian services and support programmes.
(4) It promotes compassion for others.
(5) It also helps to unite and bring people of diverse backgrounds together to work for a common goal.
(6) It encourages teamwork which provides one- i.e. the individual members with physical and mental rewards.
(7) It makes resources available to help solve community needs.