Skip to content
- Some rocks like sedimentary (coal and petroleum) serve as good source of fuel for our domestic, commercial and industrial purposes.
- Rocks like granite are used as grinding stone.
- Some beautiful rocks such as marble can be polished as ornamentals for decorating floors, walls of our building and churches.
- Rock-salt like sodium chloride (table salt), which comes from sedimentary rocks provides minerals used in cooking our foods.
- Rocks serve as a source of plant nutrients e.g. calcium, iron, potassium, etc. These nutrients are derived from rocks.
- Rocks when quarried are used for construction of roads and building houses.
- The disintegration of rocks also helps in forming soils on which farm activities are carried out.