1. One party system does not create room for the opposition party. Since only one party exists, the opposition is not likely seen as there is no party to exert such opposition.
2. Only one party is legally recognized. Aside from the legally recognized party, no other party exists. But where any party comes up, such a party is not recognized.
3. Only one party contests for election.
4. One party system often degenerates into dictatorship.
5. The right of citizens to freely express their feelings is suppressed.
6. One party system creates room for party leaders to occupy top government positions.
7. One party system promotes unity in a country.