1. It makes for the good government since the opposing group is there to watch and criticize bad policies of the government
2. It ensures and promotes stability in government
3. It is more democratic since gives room for freedom of choice and association.
4. It ensures a wider scope of the electorate’s choice
5. It checks the emergency of dictatorship
6. Government icy formulation usually takes into the criticism of the opposition party and is therefore likely to reflect the opinions of the public.
7. It is prone to competition, which educates the electorates politically for better candidates and parties.