Skip to content
- Provided for the office of president as the Head of State and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces to replace the Queen of England.
- The president replaced Governor-General.
- The Office of the president was to be elected.
- Abolished the judicial service commission.
- Abolished the privy council in London and made the Supreme Court of Nigeria the Highest Court.
- In the absence of the president, the constitution empowers the senate president to act on his behalf.
- Retained the parliamentary and federal structure of the 1960 constitution.
- The entrenchment of Fundamental human rights.