Effects/Achievements of Nationalism in Nigeria
1. Nationalism led to the acceleration of independence for colonial territories.
2. Nationalism as a driving force made the British form Constitutional conferences, which brought reforms into the Nigerian political system and the eventual attainment of self-government.
3. The formation of political parties and associations helped to promote political consciousness and awareness among Nigerians.
4 Nationalist movement led to the emergence of a powerful press as a medium for stimulating the masses with nationalist aspirations.
5. Nationalism encouraged political education and training of future political leaders.
6. The effect of Nationalism led to the advancements and urbanization of the foremost Nigerian cities.
7. Nationalist movement also helped Nigerians to rise and fight against the British economic exploitation of their fatherland.
8. Above all, nationalism brought about the 1960 economic and political independence of Nigeria.