Citizens are expected to perform certain economic/financial duties such as;
- payment of axes and rates regularly;
- payment of utility bills (e.g. NEPA bill) and licenses at the appropriate time;
- protection 6 public properties such as PHCN installations, public buildings, public utilities etc;
- promoting goods made in our country;
- supporting tie growth and development of local industries through the purchase of some of their products, and readiness and ability to engage in meaningful economic venture(s) in order to earn a living and avoid being idle.