1. Non-participation of citizens in the politics of their country can lead to poor political development.
2. Political apathy can also lead to undemocratic government because the leaders may not be responsible and accountable.
3. Political apathy creates room for the leaders to be highly corrupt and unable to deliver the dividends of democracy.
4. Political apathy can also make the leaders to be dictatorial in their rule, hence, the citizens rights denied.
5. All in all, political apathy does not promote true representative government.