Skip to content
- To promote and maintain international peace and security.
- To suppress acts of aggression and settle international disputes by peaceful means.
- To promote and develop friendly relations among nations of the world.
- To enforce the principles of equality and self-determination.
- To promote and encourage widespread respect for human rights and fundamental freedom.
- To encourage international co-operation.
- To raise the standard of living of people of the world.
- To accelerate the independence of trust territories.