Skip to content
- To promote increased co-operation and development in economic activities.
- To promote the living standard of people through increased trade and infrastructural development
- To encourage and promote economic stability especially in harmonizing the prices of agricultural products.
- To promote the rapid development of the African continent.
- To remove all forms of tariff and quotas among member states.
- To establish a common custom and commercial policy towards non-member states.
- To eliminate all obstacles to the free movement of goods and people.
- To harmonize major policies as well as promote the establishment of common projects.