Trade Association: This is a group of individual business – i.e. men and women, firms and companies who engage in the same line of business/trade and who have voluntarily agreed to come together in order to safeguard and protect their common business interest. Examples of trade associations are:
- The Manufacturers Association of Nigeria.
- The Pharmaceutical Association of Nigeria
- The Patent Medicine Dealers Association.
- The Lorry Owners Association.
- The Butchers Association
- The Luxurious Drivers Association
- The Nigerian Medical Association.
- The Nigerian Bar Association
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria.
- The Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria.
11. The Nigerian Publishers Association.