The lowlands relief of Nigeria lie along the coasts and valleys of the main rivers. The lowlands relief is below 300m above sea level. It is however subdivided into:
- Coastal Plains
- Niger—Benue trough
- Sokoto Plains
- Chad basin
- Niger Delta 6. Cross River basin.
Significance of Lowlands
- Lowlands especially those of dispositional plains are very rich in soil nutrients and very fertile for agricultural practices.
- Level lowlands are very good for human settlement.
- Coastal lowland areas serve as a very good source of mineral deposits like crude oil.
- Lowlands of river plains also are very good for fishing, which provide protein for man.