Geography as a field of study is made up of other areas of study such as:
- Geology is the scientific study of the earth and the historical origin of rocks and soil of which the earth is made.
- Petrology is the study of rocks only.
- Seismology is the scientific study of earthquakes.
- Biology is the study of the life and structure of plants and animals and the way in which the body and cells of a living thing behave.
- Astronomy is the scientific study of the sun, moon, stars, and the planetary bodies.
- Meteorology is an aspect of science that studies the earth’s atmosphere and its changes, as it is used especially in forecasting the weather.
- Anthropology is the scientific study of the historical origin, development, custom and beliefs of the human race.