Skip to content
- Durability: Money must not be easily breakable or perishable.
- Acceptability: Money must be generally accepted by members of communities for payments of goods/services and settlement of debts.
- Divisibility: Money must be capable of being divided into smaller units of denominations
- Homogeneity: Money must have the same value, shape, and equality nationwide.
- Portability: Money must be easily carried.
- Scarcity: Money must be relatively scarce to have value.
- Stability: Money must not be subject to constant fluctuations to avoid loss of confidence by the people.