Drug abuse can be prevented through any of the following:
1. Public enlightenment and advocacy media campaign.
2. Re-orientation and counselling of victims.
3. Education: Parents should endeavour to give their children basic education to enable them to fit adequately into society.
4. Monitoring: Parents should try to monitor the type of TV shows! Programmes their children/wards watch and also the type of friends they keep.
5. Government should enact and implement drug laws to the fullest.
6. Government should equally equip the Drug Law Enforcement Agencies properly to enable them to discharge their duties effectively.