Marketing is a business activity directed towards the flow of goods from the producers to the users/consumer
IMPORTANCE/ROLE OF MARKETING
- Marketing promotes large scale selling.
- It improves standard of living.
- It creates job opportunities.
- It promotes effective distribution.
- It promotes demand of goods and also encourages exchange.
- It leads to the development of industrial economies of scale.
FUNCTIONS OF MARKETING
- Marketing helps in, product planning and development:
- It helps to promote the standard and grading of a particular product.
- It facilitates buying and selling.
- Marketing helps to provide storage facilities for produced goods to be stored until they are sold to the final consumers.
- It determines the production level of goods. Marketing sees to the assembling Of different varieties of goods of many producers.