Below are the importance/functions of commerce:
- Commerce provides employment opportunities to the people of a country, especially in the area of advertising, insurance, transport, banking and finance.
- It facilitates easy exchange of goods and services.
- It provides money for the development of business and industries.
- It also provides storage facilities where goods can be stored until they reach to the final consumers.
- It also enhances specialization of jobs, i.e. division of labour.
- It provides for inter-dependence among nations because no nation can absolutely be self-sufficient.